Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yep.

Yes, I have decided to quit FFXI.

The epic of Maikeru will come to an end very soon. I stopped playing about 4 months ago, and I really don't miss it. Oh sure, I feel the pangs of lost friendship, but that's about it. Now that the game is into overdrive, I have no motivation to even try. More importantly, I have gone back to school and I will not have time anyway.

I have already given about half my wealth away to Miasama and the random masses. I'm yet to decide how I will give away the rest. I'm trying to sell the more expensive items as gil is easier to divide. But really, I'm giving almost everything to Nightfall therefore gil will be easier for her to give away in my place.

I often consider about having one last fling, one last mission, one last party. I'm sure if I asked my cohorts, they would, without hesitation, indulge my real final fantasy of exploring Vana'diel. As of right now, I have not decided. But if I did have to decide now, I would probably like a final picture with everyone I love either at Bearclaw Pinnacle or Full Moon Mountain. Although getting to Fenrir is much easier, the snow is much prettier in my opinion.

Decisions aside, I have also considered and decided against making a farewell video. My timestamp in FFXI is merely that. Rendering a montage will only well up false emotions of being missed when in reality I am not except by a select few. Should I make a video for those select few? No. They already know I miss them as well. So therefore, it makes very little logical sense to make any effort for a media-friendly goodbye except for self-gratification. I do that enough in my spare time. (Did I just make a tmi admission? lol)

Tomorrow is another day when I get to think about my first steps into this online fantasy and final steps back into real life.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I'm sure you'll be missed by quite a few more people than you think, Mike :) In the meantime, you can join the rest of us in real life ^^; lol. But I think this is a sign that you're ready for new adventures. :)

    Hurry and finish school! You gotta become that awesome composer dude so I have some one to write the music for my professional short... whenever that happens :3 Hopefully we can hang out again and stuff... I miss the old loungie days :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go with you to Bearclaw Pinnacle any time you're on. I love that place with a passion, both for its beuty and for sentimental reasons. My very first trip there, I got to the summit at the exact moment the sun was rising, and my god it was a gorgeous beholding.

    Pic @ BP = <3333333

    PS: One last adventure! (Yes, please.) ^^

    -Mia

    ReplyDelete